Wednesday, June 21, 2006

A quick update and a few notes to all

I have been out of town for the past three days and was unable to respond to any of your comments, Dave, Bob, and Catherine. I was able to post chapter three but the computer I was working on was so, so, slow. It out to be a crime to own an old computer that isn't hooked up to a DSL line...anyway...I am back and hope to finish the story I started before I leave again. It's going to be really, really hot next week so I might be leaving to get out of the heat and than next Friday I will be leaving for five weeks for my annual summer wilderness vacation, but before I go I hope to wrap up my religious autobiography and post a few other thoughts that have been on my mind these past couple of weeks. Hopefully I'll post chapter four later tonight or tomorrow but I do want to take a minute and respond to the comments made by Dave, Bob, and Catherine......Bob.....Glad you enjoyed the story so far but suspect it might make you feel a bit uneasy as the story unfolds. Not trying to undermine anyone's faith but am just trying to be honest and tell everyone what happened. Don't have a particular axe to grind or point to make. Just trying to tell my story....Catherine....I haven't ran across any YWAM folks for quite a while. Checked out your blog...Interesting name.....See you read Korten's book When Corporations Rule the World. Great book....Hope you and your family figure out your work and living situation...and....Hope you get to stay in New Zealand. Sounds like that is where your heart is....Was madly in love with a girl from YWAM many years ago who lived in Auckland.....Dave....Do hope you find the time to post your own story. Have read most of it and do think it would great if others could read it as well...Have always appreciated your friendship and although we live in different parts of the country have always felt connected to your story and your vision of life....by the way...your name comes up in the chapter on postmodernism. Hope you don't mind if I bring up your name in my story. Didn't ask your permission because I assumed you wouldn't mind. For those who don't know....Dave and I go way back...and as Dave's said, our stories have paralled at certain points along the way....

No comments: