Friday, June 23, 2006

It's fryin and I am dyin. I don't know what the official temperature was today but it was as hot as I have seen it in a long while. Someone at Barnes and Nobles said it was 110 degrees today and the local weatherman said temperatures could approach 112 before the week-end is over and it currently feels like 100 degrees at 11:00 P.M. I don't know if it is going to make it to 112 or not this week-end but I'm not hangin around to find out. I'm heading to the coast with my son Wesley tomorrow morning and we won't come back until Sunday night...and....then I am heading to the Bay area with my other son Paul on Monday for four days....so...bring on the heat and let it burn, baby, burn, because I'm getting out of here.....

2 comments:

David Blakeslee said...

110 degrees?!?!?!? Please tell me this is a typo or something. I know that Death Valley isn't all that far away from where you live but it appears that it may be getting ready to expand its boundaries and take over your neighborhood.

So why exactly did humans decide to settle in Bakersfield anyway? (I give you permission to use that line on me when I report on the bitter cold that awaits us in Michigan six or seven months from now...)

Bilbo said...

No typo Dave,

The official tempertature at the airport I think was 108 but it was probably a couple of degrees warmer in surrounding areas. I don't know for sure because I took off to the beach for the week-end and am currently hangin out in the Bay area visiting my mom....Redding, north of Sacremento was 117 yesterday and 110 is the norm in Death Valley where is sometimes gets over 120 degrees with lows in the 90's....As far as why people live in Bakersfield....Big agriculture area and lately we have been getting alot of refugees from L.A. and the Bay Area who can no longer afford housing in those areas...