Wednesday, May 18, 2005

George Lucas would have been proud

Just got back from the last Star Wars midnight happening in history. What a zoo.....Much bigger and crazier than I anticipated. Scores of people, if we can call them that, walking around as their favorite Star Wars character. Perhaps at least a hundred or more Jedi alter egos walking around waving red, green, and blue light sabers. Light saber battles going on all over the place. Good thing they are made of plastic. Even the little kids got into the act as shameless parents dressed them up as Darth Vader and little Jedis. Didn't see Jabba the Hut or Yoda. Yoda is a minature green hobbit so he could have easily gotten lost in the crowd without me seeing him. Suspect Jabba the Hut's suit would be too difficult and expensive to make. Besides, tonight was Vaders night. Lots of Darth Vaders running amuck. Still can't get out of my head Jedi Knights walking around with cigarettes and pizza slices dangling from their mouths. I guess the Star Wars geeks and freaks wanted to go out in style. They were numbered in the thousands I would estimate. Line went almost all the way around the theatre at one gathering and four long lines at the other. Can't help thinking they wanted to show and remind us Lord of the Rings fanactics who started the tradition and who was still king. Jedi Master Lucas himself would have been proud to see the passion and good nature fun that was on display tonight. It was alot of fun just walking around talking to folks and taking pictures.

Really wished I had bought a ticket now. Thinking about racing home tomorrow to see an early matinee, but sons and girlfriend might never forgive me if they ever found out I went alone......
Not sure when I will go. Real busy the next four or five days.....Tonight really got my juices going....Be patient....be patient......Let the force flow through you.....To hurry or lose patience is to surrender to the dark side.....May just give into the dark side on this one.....Nah....I'll wait.....See it with my sons and girlfriend. Be more fun......It's getting real late....Better hit the sack.....Feel the life force leaving my body at the moment.......May the force be with you and in you and around you...shalom........

1 comment:

David Blakeslee said...

great pics, Bilbo, as usual. I don't know when I'm going to see it either. I am busy with the Bush demonstration today and other things later tonight... I'll get there eventually.