Monday, March 07, 2005

Bilbo's latest adventure

Just got back from a teacher conference in San Francisco. The conference was O.K. but the two day trip home was a blast. Spent Sunday in Point Reyes National Seashore hiking, biking, and taking pictures and came down the famous highway 1 coastline today. The weather was spectacular today. No fog, no clouds, just pure sunshine. Took some 180 plus pictures during the trip on my new digital camera. Took me eleven hours to get home today as I made a stop to take a picture about every three or four minutes. We usually don't get such clear weather along the coastline so I thought I would take advantage of the great weather since this situation may not ever happen again. Saw some beautiful scenery over the past two days. Rocky coastline, poppies in bloom, emerald green ocean, bright green countryside, Redwood forests, waterfalls. and alot more. It was really too much. I'm on sensory overload right now. May have trouble adjusting to work tomorrow. Anyway. Enjoyed myself over the past five days but now it time to get back to the day to day grind like everyone else........

2 comments:

David Blakeslee said...

Lovely pics, Bilbo. It's nice to get a glimpse of some scenery I haven't seen in too long a time. Even the "Bay Area Bear" got me thinkin' baseball again. (I have been anyway since my fantasy league draft is just a couple weeks away.) Glad you got a chance to escape the grind for awhile - it sounds like you were overdue for a getaway and a pick-me-up, hey? As for me, I was excited just to hit close to 50 degrees this weekend. I love the sound of melting snow. But it's still mostly grey around here. The landscape is a demonstration of the oppressive power of snow, wind and highly obstructed sunlight.

I won't bore you with the pictures of *that*!

Bilbo said...

50 degrees huh?...Our low temperature is going to be in the 50's tonight. It's going to be in the 70's and low eighties for the rest of the week. Figure I better gloat now before the summer comes and than it will be poor ole Bilbo who will be complaining about the weather.