Saturday, April 09, 2005

A Report from Barbecue Bill

After a very hectic, a bit intense, and rough and tumble week I finally got around to having a little bit of fun by kicking off the barbecue season as I cooked my first meal on my new Commercial Series Char-Broil grill. I decided to take the big plunge after listening to my teenage sons constantly complain about my cooking for the past couple of years. I actually started experimenting with barbecuing last year at the end of summer on my mom’s old cheapo briquette grill and when I noticed an improvement in my son’s attitude about my cooking after throwing down a few steaks and burgers on the grill last fall I decided it was time to move up the latter and spend some bucks on something a bit more reliable and quicker than the ancient of days briquette system of my youth…..Wow!….I never realized what a difference a well oiled, high tech, propane machine can make. Three cheers for “some” modern innovations. My cooking was a big hit last night. The chicken came out tender and evenly cooked and it only took a few minutes once I opened up the propane valve and hit the automatic ignition button. It was beautiful. It was easy. It was fun….and…..I look forward to rock and rolling on my new barbecue grill in the days, weeks, and months to come.

2 comments:

David Blakeslee said...

Wow Bilbo, that new grill is just one more reason for me to come out and visit you sometime. I'll take mine medum rare!

Bilbo said...

If you ever make it out this way Dave I will drive as far north as San Francisco or as far south as San Diego to meet you, if the circumstances for both of us work out....and....if you ever make it to Bakersfield I'll cook you and the "fam" anything your little hearts desire and treat you all to my LOTR collection....deal?....