Monday, November 06, 2006

I became a Pearl Jam fan years ago after seeing their video Jeremy on MTV. It's one of my favorite videos and I have used it in my classes for years. Although I own a number of their C.D's and two of their concert videos I never felt like a "true believer" because I have never attended their concert nor do I own one of their famous bootleg C.D.'s which is apparently a must for any true blue follower of Pearl Jam. While I probably never will attend a Pearl Jam concert since Bakersfield is not and never will be on their tour schedule in this life time or the next...so...my only hope for becoming one of the faithful is to some how get my hands on one of their bootleg C.D.'s. But, where does one get a bootleg copy of anything?...I have no idea??? Really....Check the internet?...Call up the local "pirate" underground radio station?...See if Eddie Veddar is listed in the Seattle phone book somewhere?....Lord help me....Earlier today my prayers were answered when I received three Pearl Jam bootlegs from my fellow Pearl Jam fellow traveler,cyberspace bud, and blogger extraodinaire Dave.....Thanks Dave. Although I am not in a particular Pearl Jam mood at this particular time of the year I did listen to the songs from the Van Andel Arena concert while mountain bike riding earlier this afternoon. I normally don't just sit and listen to Pearl Jam while I am at home but I do really like listening to thier music while hiking and riding my bike. It really gets the blood flowing while I am trying to push this near 50 year old body up a hiking or mountain bike trail.... The quality of the recordings is quite good for a live concert and I am just amazed how incredible technology is getting these days.....Again, thanks for remembering your promise and helping me get over the hump to become a faithful true blue fan of Pearl Jam...

1 comment:

David Blakeslee said...

Cool, I'm glad that you got that! I had actually meant to send you an email telling you it was on its way, then this Ted Haggard thing blew up and obviously that just threw me completely off track. I too was impressed by the high quality of the concert recording. I've heard that the Grand Rapids show is one of the most sought-after from their last tour due to the sound quality and intriguing mix of songs.

I also hope you enjoy the live renditions of the "Ten" album - I assembled them from my own collection of PJ bootlegs that I've downloaded from here and there. If you want to get more inside info on how to find bootlegs, I can fill you in, but it will have to be through anonymous triple-encrypted emails sent from a public library PC... can't be too careful these days! ;o)