Thursday, May 22, 2008

So, do you think you are smart?...then, see how you do on my latest, but not my greatest, quiz called,who said what?....Listed below are 10 famous quotes by 10 famous people. If you want to play, than reply by matching the number with the correct letter and I’ll get back to you to see how well you did. Good luck. Please don’t cheat…or, I’ll send you to the principles office....P.S. You get a bonus point if you can guess whose picture is portrayed above.

1. I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us
as equals.

2. Be civil to all; sociable to many; familiar with few; friend to one;
enemy to none.

3. When you stare into the abyss the abyss stares back at you.

4. Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we
fall.

5. Spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds

6. The antidote for fifty enemies is one friend."

7. "Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow; Don't walk behind me, I
may not lead; Walk beside me, and just be my friend."

8. Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

9. "Give me a museum and I'll fill it."

10. In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the
silence of our friends"

ANSWER KEY…..Aristotle, Augustine, Martin Luther King, Confucius,
Nietzsche,Franklin, Churchill, Einstein, Camus, and Picasso.

7 comments:

kc bob said...

Hmmm.. James Dean pic above?

I'll be guessing for most (all?) of these:

8-Aristotle,
7-Augustine,
4-Martin Luther King,
2-Confucius,
3-Nietzsche,
5-Franklin,
1-Churchill,
10-Einstein,
6-Camus, and
9-Picasso.

That was a lot harder than I thought.. wouldn't surpise me if I got them all wrong :(

Bilbo said...

Hi Bob,

The pic is actually one of the famous people listed in the quiz. Your hunch was almost correct.You only got one correct...I'll post the correct answers in a couple of days after I give others a chance to weigh in...

kc bob said...

I'd be cryin ib my beer if it wasn't 8:30am....

David Blakeslee said...

I thought of James Dean when I saw the pic as well. But I'll go with Camus... high forehead, dangling cig (unfiltered, most likely.)

My quote matches:

1-Churchill
2-Franklin
3-Einstein
4-Confucius
5-Nietzsche
6-Aristotle
7-Camus
8-Augustine
9-Picasso
10-MLK

Bilbo said...

Impressive Dave,

You got them all correct except for numbers three and five. Three is Nietzsche and five is Einstein...and...yes the picture is Camus...Excellent Dave...

kc bob said...

Maybe I should have waited for Dave's answers :)

David Blakeslee said...

Wow. I surprise even myself! A few of them (Churchill, Franklin, MLK, Camus) and the rest I just tried to figure out based on character, historical period, process of elimination, etc. I still think that the Einstein and Nietzsche quotes could be interchangeable and fit better the way I had 'em. ;)