Thursday, February 08, 2007

Last night the "Night visitors" who were mentioned in an earlier post took a break and allowed the day shift to take center stage. The day shift consists of those spirits who reside in our soul along with the night visitors. They are the ones who are hopeful, optimistic, wear the big smile, and carry the torchlight which illuminates the dark shadows of our souls...and... They are the ones responsible for awakening the longings, passions, and desires of our soul. While they have been somewhat in hiding on and off over the years they have been making frequent visits lately...and...last night they were extremely active...in fact...they were so active they keep me awake off and on during the night. Generally I like to get my beauty rest but from time to time I don't mind being kept awake by the sounds of the day shift doing their jobs...but...to my surprise they were still partying when they woke me up this morning around 4:30 a.m. I did notice that they took a break for about two or three hours this morning but they were back at it again by early afternoon....and...there still at it now as I write. I can hear them in the background wreaking havoc and making a lot of noise. Even though they have been partying for some time now I know that eventually they will run out of gas and slip back into the shadows so for now I welcome the day shift because they provide some of the sweet moments of life and help give balance to our weary souls....If all of this sounds a bit too weird or too esoteric for your tastes just pass on through. It's just my way of expressing that I had a great day, yesterday, and today and am looking forward to this week-end and some new opportunities that have come my way....

No comments: