Sunday, February 18, 2007

I noticed it has been over a week now since I last posted anything on my blog...but...that's o.k., because I never want to become enslaved to feeling like I have to post something just to post something. It's not that I have working too hard or anything but I have been busy doing other things such as expanding my social network and spending time with some old and "new" friends. Last week I went out four different times which is very unusual for me, especially since I moved into my new house. The highlight of the week was Friday night and Saturday. Friday night I invited some new and old friends over to the house to watch the ten year anniversary best of Riverdance DVD. I've always been a huge fan of Riverdance since it arrived on the scene on PBS some ten years ago. Riverdance is so unique and I just love the way they integrate the music and the dance routines. It's magical and one of the best examples I can think of entertainment that truly captures the essence of enchantment. I also particularly liked how this new DVD version introduces each song with the story that inspired the song and dance routine. I didn't realize it, but am not surprised, that most of the songs and dance are rooted in Celtic mythology...Yesterday was a lot of fun also. A friend and I went out of town to Lake Isabella to the 52nd annual Whiskey Flat Days. I hadn't been out of town since Thanksgiving and it was just a great feeling to get out of the city and smell the clean air and feel the wind in my face. It was a beautiful day....slight breeze...and temperature in the 70's which is unusual for this time of the year. We had lunch along the river and it was very relaxing to just sit, talk, and watch the river meander it's way down stream...The Whiskey Flat Day celebration, for the most part, is made up red necks and bikers. I don't use those words pejoratively, but descriptively. While I don't consider myself either a biker of a redneck it is fun just to hang out with a crowd of people who seem to know how to have fun eating their kettle corn and hot dogs, while listening to loud honky tonk music blasting from the back of a pick up truck...All in all, it was a very good week just hang-in out with folks and spending time getting to know some new friends....I also spent some time this week thinking and pondering about the whole homosexual issue and reading Mclaren's book and I'll more to say about both of these in a later blog entry...

No comments: