Friday, April 07, 2006

Been pretty busy this week finishing things up at work and getting ready for Easter vacation. Heading up to see my mom in the bay area for the next four days before I head down to L.A. to finish up my vacation. Don't know if I will have excess to a computer for awhile so I thought I would do a quick cyberspace drive-by before I head out of town. Next week is supposed to be another wet and soggy week here in California so I don't expect to get outside much which is a bummer. I prefer to spend my vacation time outdoors but I can't complain too much since most folks don't get any time off at all during the Easter season. Besides, I'll make up for it later. I'ts looking like a banner year here in California with all the rain and snow over the past six weeks with more on the way. Mammoth Mountain, one of my favorite stomping grounds, just recorded they broke their record for most snowfall in one year. They are currently at over 600 inches of snow this year....and.....counting. That's right, over 50 feet of snow!...The ski resort will be open at least until July 4th this year and perhaps as late as the middle of July. I'll probably hang out in California this summer for vacation considering this is such a banner year for percipitation. Can't wait to go to Yosemite as soon as school is out and check out the raging water falls. Well....I better take off before it gets any later. I've got a long drive ahead of me and I do want to get there before too late. ....

No comments: