Wednesday, March 15, 2006

After a gloom and doom blog report yesterday I thought I would share a little sushine from my neck of the woods. Most of the year around here in the Bake it's a literal hellhole. 90 plus degree weather for three months and 100 plus for the other three. July and August are brutal and September often isn't much better. The air quality is terrible much of the year and the combination of dust and particulate matter is some of the worst in the country. Oil fields scatter the outlying areas and trash deposits line all the roads and if you dare check out the local foothills you will find T.V.s, couches, mattresses, and Lord knows what else. I know you aren't suppose to bag on your city but I am just telling it like it is....and...I ain't the only one....Bakersfield is regulary mentioned in various magazines as one of the least desirable cities to live in....and now the sunshine report.....but for the past two days it has been absolutely beautiful around here. 60 degree tempertatures, a light north to south wind and those puffy little clouds floating here and there. The mountains are covered with snow, finally, and the hills are green. Even the birds are out in full force and they are chirping up a storm. I know these ideal conditions won't last long but while it is here I am going to try to enjoy it and soak in the sights, sounds, and wonderful sunshine that is currently making it's presence known to those of us here who live in the Bake........

No comments: