Tuesday, October 25, 2005

I love Halloween. It’s a fun holiday. Much simpler and less stressful than Christmas. You don’t have to worry about what to buy or run around town fighting hoards of other folks in search of the perfect present. All you need to do is boogie on down to the store and buy some candy for the kiddies and if you don’t want to participate in the passing out of candy tradition you can opt out and go out for dinner or a movie. I love watching old monster classics during this time of the year, the Wolfman, the Mummy and the Creature from the Black Lagoon….and….some recent cult favorites which include The Army of Darkness, The Nightmare Before Christmas, and American Werewolf in London. I also love dressing up. Been looking for the right costume for years now. The last couple of years I have been running around in a stupid looking Viking helmet and carrying a cheap plastic battle ax but this year I will be sporting my new Hobbit outfit which comes complete with cape and authentic reproduction sword named sting. There is just something about dressing up for the day and running around looking and acting stupid. It’s good for the soul.


No comments: