Tuesday, March 04, 2008

I've got the fever. Obamania has finally reached the Shire. It took awhile but I now have all the classic symptoms of Obamania. You know the signs...Checking the internet at least three times a day to see the latest poll numbers on what is happening in Texas and Ohio. Watching at least two news programs when I get home just in case I missed something on the internet...checking out the other Obamania bloggers off an on all day…and…the final act…volunteering to work for Obama’s run to the White House…. I didn’t jump on the Obama bandwagon until about a month ago after listening to a speech by Barack Obama at his home church but now that I am on the bandwagon I intend to stay there until Obama reaches the White House, Lord willing. While it was the speech that got my juices going it was the two recent debates that sealed the deal for me. Let’s just say I was impressed, particularly by his attitude…. Today is a big day and according to most pundits, if Obama can win Texas than he will probably get the nomination…but…it is also an important day for me because, if Obama wins Texas today then I will make a trip to the local Democratic headquarters and sign up as a foot soldier and join the growing legion of Obamaniacs who are ready to do our part to help Obama reach the White House later this year. I know it may be a bit premature to count Hilary out if she does win Ohio and Rhode Island but I really don't see "how" she has a chance if she loses Texas tonight. She can fight until the end, and she may, but losing Texas tonight will, imho, send her into a wormhole that she will never find her way out of....

No comments: