Sunday, January 13, 2008

Well, today I took the big plunge and bought me a new SLR camera. Specially, I purchased a Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTI with a telephoto 17-85 IS Image Stabilizer lens. I've been thinking about buying an SLR camera for some time I have a hard time letting go of my cash for something that is essentially a hobby interest of mine...and...I almost couldn't bring myself to buy this camera, "until", I went on line and found the camera for half the price all the local camera shops were asking...and...I got a deluxe carrying case and tri-pod, to boot, for free. Thank God, for the internet....I am also going to take a photography class at a local camera shop to learn how to use the camera. It's not particularly difficult to use an SLR, especially if you operate it on Auto focus but I want to learn about exposure, shutter speeds, and how to use the camera manually...I am really excited about this new purchase and hope to post some pictures on this blog and my photo blog in the weeks and months to come....

No comments: