Thursday, September 07, 2006

This has been a long, long, long,.......week.......I haven't been to bed before midnight anytime this week....My potential future living situation seems to fluctuate from day to day.....My mom, who is currently visiting had a mini stroke last night and I had to take her to the hospital.....and it has been hot, hot, hot, all week long which drains my energy.....but....next week is potentially looking up......temperatures are supposed to dip into the eighties after 100 plus temperatures for most of last week. My aunt will arrive on Wednesday to take my mom home with her....and....I should have clarity on my living situation by Thursday. Summer, seems such a faint memory at this point.....Later in the month I will taking off for a couple of days to see the fall colors in the High Sierra's. I can't wait.....Am also looking forward to watching a little football now that both college and the pros have kicked into high gear....Go Trojans!......Life can get so hectic and mundane.....I often wish I were living somewhere else and doing something more noble with my time. I often feel like I am just hangin on and am at the mercy of variables I can never seem to control or predict......getting philosophical.....Life has it's seasons.....and...sometimes our time, energy, and activities, are dictated by life's responsibilities. We may yearn and groan for a better, easier, and fullfilling life, but life often does not cooperate with our best laid plans. Some call it fate....some exhort us to take charge of our own life....some roll with the punches....and....some give up and give in to the fate of thd gods.....some are self aware....but....most are swept up and taken out to sea by the circumstances of life. It's tough smelling the roses when to wind is howling day to day.....Tomorrow brings a new day....new opportunities....more responsibilities.....but....always an adventure. The week-end is coming up and I hope to catch up with my sleep, do a little hiking, watch some football and spend some quality time with my two sons, my girlfriend, and my mom. If I sound a bit down, I am. It's been a long week. I may feel and sound down but I am not out and for that I am grateful....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The Trojans look good Bill! We have Ohio State versus Texas tonight so that should be the talk of the town until tomorrow when the Bengals get their first licks in.

I know what you mean about doing something more "noble." But you know what? After being at parent-teacher night last week, I couldn't help but appreciate my daughter's high school teachers on a while new level. The devotion of teachers and the hours they keep for the pay they receive is one of those rare instances where I see the "noble" in action.

You are one of those teachers. Never underestimate the power of being that kind of catalyzt to imagination that I know you are for your kids.

Hugs, friend,
Julie

Bilbo said...

Hi Julie,

Ohio State looked pretty good last night and USC looks potentially strong again, but it is way too early. One of the things I like about college football is that it only takes one bad game, half, or even a quarter too screw up your season, if you are in the national championship hunt. Ohio State looked good last night but I don't think they are as strong as either Texas or USC of last year.....Thanks for the encouraging words about my job. I do see my job as a noble profession but it is getting increasingly difficult to do so because the schools are,imo, becoming more and more micro-managed and I always fear the idealogues at the top of the food chain, if you know what I mean.....I hope you are feeling better from the bug you caught and continue to look forward to reading your column, listening to your comments on Pomoxian, and chatting with you from time to time....