Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Went to Joshua Tree National Park this past week-end and took a few pictures of the Joshua trees and the spectacular rock formations in an area called the Wonderland of Rocks. Later that evening I took the family to Pioneertown for some country grub at Pappy and Harriet's Pioneer Palace which is listed as the "best honkey-west of the Colorado River." Don't particularly like country music or western surroundings but confess I found the country folk very interesting and a bit charming in their own sort of way. Felt like I was in a time warp as I watched people dressed in coon skin caps, Minnie Pearl outfits, and Harley Bikers who were dressed to kill. Really felt out of place since I was the only guy in the joint wearing Columbia shorts and sporting a North Face cap which are the obvious signs of a white middle class granola eating yuppie. Left the granola bars in the car and ordered a tri-tip steak in an attempt to fit in. Figured it must of worked since none of the country folk hassled me nor did any of the Hells Angels challenge me to an arm wrestling contest....Back to the pictures I took. Have become fasinated this past year with trees for some reason. Something about them that sparks my interest. Perhaps it is the snowflake quality. Each tree is uniquely different if you look closely and perhaps it is the uniqueness that appeals to me since conformity and standardization on numerous fronts is par for the course these days....but....whatever the reason, I am fasinated by their appearance and thought I would pass along some of the trees I have captured this past year on my camera. Enjoy....

No comments: