Sunday, April 06, 2008

Today was a beautiful day so I went out in the neighborhood and took some pictures of flowers. It has been spring like for the past month but it has only been the last week or so that the flowers and other plants have reached full bloom. The neighborhood is currently bursting in reds, oranges, yellows, pinks, and purple and it is the most beautiful time of the year. It’s hard to imagine that in two months we Bakersfieldians are going to be sweltering in the heat and the beautiful flowers and other plants are going to be hanging on for dear life and at the mercy of local homeowners who decide when and how much to water.

Spring is important because it reminds us that winter is over and that which was dormant or at deaths doorstep now has new life… As I ponder my own life there are some areas in my life which are currently dormant or feel dead…so…the flowers remind me that life has it’s cycles and that which currently appears dead or dormant will in time come back to life. Flowers represent hope and without hope life is unbearable. If you want to see more photographs of flowers go to Bilbo’s Picture World and you can see
a large collection of photographs I have take of flowers on my various trips on the west coast.

No comments: