Monday, February 11, 2008

I just got back from L.A. I drove down today to see the new U-2/HD/3-D concert. It was electrifying and inspiring. Nothing like seeing Bono and the rest of the band up close. I have never attended a live U-2 concert but I can't imagine I could get any closer to the action than I did tonight. At one point Bono and my hand touched, well kind of...Got to love those 3-D glasses. Old fashioned virtual reality...While the concert was the shortest U-2 concert I have seen to date, every song was a winner. No fluff, just pure energy from beginning to end. U-2 has again set the bar so high that all any other band can do at this time is look up and shake their head...in awe... and U-2 has again solidified their stranglehold on being the best live band on the planet. I just wish I could have shared this moment with someone. I couldn't get anyone to go so I went solo. Everything about the performance and the production was great. U-2 is at the top of their game right now and I don't know if they can get any higher...so...I recommend you checking this concert out because this kind of performance is so rare you might not see this kind of band again in your lifetime...I went down at noon to catch the early showing but it was already sold out so I had to occupy myself until the six o'clock showing...so...it was a long day...but a Beautiful Day...Thanks U-2...You never disappoint.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh I'm glad you wrote a review here. I commented on your photo from Universal Studios.

Yay you. Wish I could have gone with you.

Bilbo said...

Hi Julie,

I think maybe I need to start hanging around with the younger crowd. Most of the people my age have lost their zeal for anything loud and cutting edge. I hope I don't lose my interest in the wild side of life...

kc bob said...

3D Glasses = Old Fashioned Vitual Reality.. never quite thought of it that way.

Gotta agree that with you Bill.. I think that we often become like those we surround ourselves with.. maybe that is why I act so old.. I'm not aging.. just my friends are :)