Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Today is my birthday... and... it is just not any birthday...it's my 50th birthday!Boy how times flies. I don't feel 50 but my drivers license and birth certificate both say I was born in Santa Cruz California on December 20, 1957, so, I guess that makes me 50 years old. Collaborating evidence is always difficult to refute..Although my birthday is today I actually celebrated my birthday last Sunday so I could share this special day with my friends, some, who had to travel out of town. All but one of my close friends was able to make the party and it was great to spend this day with so many wonderful friends and people I care about. Some of the friends I have known for over twenty years which made this a special, special, occasion... The food was great...the games were fun...and...while the dancing was a bit embarrassing everyone seemed to get a kick out of watching me fumble about my dining room floor not really knowing which direction I was headed next and everyone seemed to have a great time. It was one of the best days I have had, in many, many, years...and... It was one of those rare days one just doesn't want to end...and...although the day is now four days old the memories will never be forgotten...so...thanks again Jan, for making it all happen...You're the best...and...thanks to my two sons Paul and Wesley who were there...and...all the great friends who have remained loyal, all these years...Thanks to everyone who shared this day with me. I'll never forget...and...thanks for all the wonderful gifts, which included numerous gift cards from Barnes and Nobles, a couple of framed record albums of U-2, a beautiful silk shirt, some Pistachio nuts, a Gnome wall plaque, and last but not least, twelve beautiful fairy Christmas ornaments...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy happy birthday! I'm sorry I didn't see this post until today. What a wonderful affirming party and terrific gifts (especially those album covers!).;) Great idea.

Jon (husband) turned 50 in August and I can attest to how weird that number feels, sounds. I don't "get it." It's like a number that's too big for who we feel we are.

On the other hand, life experience is such cherished at this stage of the game!

Congratulations for making it this far and for having such a wonderful collection of people in your life.

Julie

Bilbo said...

Thanks Julie,

It was a wonderful affirming party...my best ever...and...the Christmas Holidays are turning out to be very special this year as well...

kc bob said...

Looks like I am late again.. but then again I am pushing 60.. eventually.. but not next year :(

Even so.. Happy Birthday Bill.. hope the next 50 are great ones!