Thursday, November 22, 2007

It's Thanksgiving morning and I am about to do something I have never done before...I am going to cook a Thanksgiving meal, all by myself. That's right. This year I have decided to stay in town for Thanksgiving and cook dinner for my two sons and an old friend of mine who doesn't have anywhere to go. The meal I am cooking is not extravagant by any stretch of the imagination and will be simple. There will be ham, mashed potatoes, corn, bread, stuffing, cranberries, and pumpkin pie. Thank God for Costco. The ham is pre-cooked, the stuffing and the mash potatoes are pre-packaged, and the pumpkin pie is already cooked and ready to roll out at any time after dinner. This might not sound like I am really cooking but I don't mind confessing and conceding this is the best I could do considering my limited experience in such matters. Originally I was not particularly happy when all of my other plans for Thanksgiving fell through but I am actually kind of excited now and feel much more upbeat about the whole matter. Later we will watch USC, hopefully crush Arizona State and I'll be back with a report on how things went....

No comments: