Thursday, July 26, 2007

After going to physical therapy and resting my back for the past three weeks I feel I am up for a trip to the wilderness. I'll be taking off tomorrow morning. I'll spend the first five days with my mom and aunt in San Jose and if the progress on my back continues to improve I intend to head up to my favorite wilderness stomping grounds on the North Coast of California. I love the North Coast of California and have made an annual pilgrimage now for eighteen years running. I love the North Coast because of the wilderness, ancient forests of Redwood groves, enchantment, cool weather, and the lack of people. Eureka which has a population of only 40,000 is the largest city on the North Coast. This year, for the first time ever, I won't be camping, because of my back, and intend to stay a week at my girlfriends sisters house which is only a stones throw from Redwood National Park. I can't wait to go and see the usual sights and sounds which over the years has included eagles, bears, elk, mountain lions, banana slugs, and the most spectacular forests on the North American continent...and... this year I am hoping to see and capture on my digital camera, either,bigfoot or a forest gnome. As many trips as I have taken over the years one would figure I would eventually run across one these creatures...I'll be gone for a total of two weeks and be back in time to start work during the second week of August. In the meantime, keep cool, don't sweat the small stuff, be good as my momma used to say, and I'll post a few pics of bigfoot or a forest gnome when I get back....I promise....

No comments: