Thursday, April 05, 2007

For the first time, in a long time, I didn't travel during Easter week and decided to stay in town. I haven't written much lately because I have been busy doing domestic related chores and spending face to face time with family and friends. I was going to go up to the Bay Area to see my mom this week but she came down here for a couple of days. My mom is just amazing. She stills gets around at 92 years old... Most of this week I have been working on my patio and doing yard work. I bought some new patio furniture a couple of days ago and have done a fair amount of shopping for decorations to go with my patio furniture. Yesterday I bought some gnomes, frogs, turtles, and candle lanterns. The patio actually looks pretty good now if I may say so myself. I really enjoy decorating and generally become obsessed about it until I finish the job. My sons went to Mexico this week with their church and will be back later today. I will pick them up this evening from church and we will hang out together until tomorrow afternoon. They have gone to Mexico during Easter for four years in a row but I suspect this will be their last year because the newness and exotic aspects of traveling to a foreign country has worn off for the most part. They didn't sound particularly interested in going this year but didn't like the option of going camping with me or hang-in out with their mother for a whole week....I haven't given much thought to the meaning of Easter this week, so far, but am going to church on Easter Sunday with my "lady friend". This will be the first time I have attended an Easter service on Easter in six or seven years. I have attended Catholic mass for the last two years but that service was the night before Easter. I am looking forward to going to church on Sunday and am curious to see "how" a Congregational Church does Easter. They don't talk too much about the deity of Christ or the Resurrection so it will be interesting to hear how they find meaning in the Easter story. I'll try to blog something later about the Resurrection. Last year I read the The Resurrection of Jesus by Dominic Crossan and N.T. Wright and I'll try to post some of my thoughts about the dialogue between these two prominent scholars...

No comments: