Sunday, November 27, 2005

After yesterday's series of bad news reports on the homefront and legal front I wasn't sure I would be up for doing the Christmas thing today but pulled myself together long enough to get the job done and am glad I did. Just something about decorating the tree and listening to Christmas music. As a kid growing up I really don't have any fond memories of Christmas so I guess I feel like I am making up for lost time as an adult. Love giving Christmas gifts to others even though I admit I hate going Christmas shopping, in general. Over the years I have developed a strategy which includes staying away from any major retail store during the week-ends and other peak times. I generally will make a series of short shopping trips during the middle of the week and will try to go over to the coast one day before Christmas and visit the small shops where I will look for some unique and exotic gifts. I figure if I am going to spend the money on gifts than I might as well try to find some things out of the ordinary. This year will probably be short and sweet regarding buying for my two sons. They both want an IPOD and I will probably get them one and therefore only have to make one shopping trip for them...Well it's getting late and need to head off to bead. Have a long day in front of me tomorrow so I need to get to bed on time.....Happy holidays....

No comments: