Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Over the years I have been blessed to have taken some incredible trips and witnessed the grandeur of God's wonderful creation. I have mountain biked in Mammoth Lakes California...I have stood on the top of Cascade Pass in Cascade National Park and soaked in the spectacular 360 panorama of the incredible North Cascades...I have stood at the base of Mt. Edith Cavell in Jasper National Park in the afternoon and watched one avalanche after another tumble huge blocks of ice towards an unnamed lake below...I have seen, up close, mountain goats and bighorn sheep grazing grass as I hiked up the trail towards Hidden Lake in Glacier National Park...I have hiked and seen the incredible array of wildflowers on the most magnificent mountain in North America, Mount Ranier...I have drank ice cold fresh water from Iceberg Lake in Ansel Adams Wilderness...I have seen the tallest, oldest, and largest trees in the world...I have hiked the Sierra Mountain range from north to south...I have stood on frozen lakes in June...and...I have lost 22 pounds in six days while hiking over mountain passes in my home state of California...and...I have been blessed to see all that I have seen in the past 40 years. I still remember my first adventure to the High Sierra's with my two uncles as if it were yesterday. I can still see the crystal blue Sabrina Lake and the aspen's shaking in the wind...I have so, so, many fond memories.

Last summer I decided to keep a journal of my summer adventures in a beautiful Celtic design journal that I take on vacation. And,I thought it might be fun and inspirational to those who love travel to make some of these entries public by posting them over at my photography blog which I have renamed Bilbo's Adventures. At this time I have only posted one journal entry but this summer I intend to keep a daily record of my three week adventure along the northern California and Oregon Coast...so...if you are getting cabin fever and wish you were somewhere else just stop by Bilbo's Adventures and just let your imagination take you away.

No comments: